The admission to B.A./BSc./B.Com Part-I is granted in accordance with the statutes
of University of Kashmir and the admission policy laid down by the Higher Education Department of the
State. The application forms for admission are issued within a week after the declar
ation of the result of Higher Secondary Part-II for Kashmir province by the J&K BOSE.
The duly completed application forms are received back within fourteen days from the
declaration of the aforesaid result. However late admission is granted under the University
statutes with the prescribed late fee, subject to the availability of seats and stream quota.
The candidates are required to produce the following certificates in original with a Photostat Copy
of each at the time of submission of duly filled in application form.
- Date of Birth Certificate (Matriculation) Photostat
- Marks Certificate of HSS Part-II(12th class) Along with two attested Photocopies
- Provisional Certificateof the institution attend last.
- Character Certificateof the institution attend last.
- Three Passport size Photographs.
How TO Apply
The Students can get the prospectus and admission forms from the
Admission Section of the College on the payment of Rs.50/-(Rs. Fifty only)
through J&K Bank Ltd, Main Branch under Accountant No. 6223/SB on any working day.
The candidates must complete their admission application forms and submit the same in the admission
section before the last date. The fee is to be deposited in the College Account at J&K Bank
Brach Handwara, for which the fee deposit slips bearing Account No.1604/CD, will be issued by the
college along-with the prospectus. However for the convenience of the students during admissions,
the J&K Bank Branch Handwara opens counters for reception of fee in the college.
Admission Rules & Regulation for BG 1st year
- Candidates who have passed 12th class examination from JK State Board of School Education
or any other equivalent examination recognized by the University of Kashmir in full are
eligible for admission to BG 1st year.
- Students seeking admission to BSc Part-I should have secured a minimum of 45% marks.
- Students belonging to reserved categories as listed in SRO- 126 dated 28-06-1994 shall get
the benefit of 5% weightage in their total marks considering for admission.
- Students who have a break in their academic career can be considered under
rules set by the university in this regard.
- Students are advised to go through the prospects thoroughly before filling the
- Students are advised to carefully select one subject combination offered and apply for
the same subjects combination once offered shall under by no circumstance be changed later on.
- Admission to BCA is done by the University of Kashmir on the basis of merit/ entrance test.
- The principal reserves the right to accept or reject any application form for admission
without assigning any reason.